Bizarre

Durban boy, 12, dies after allegedly copying TikTok video of setting sanitiser alight

Police are investigating an inquest docket after a 12-year-old died after he allegedly lit up sanitiser which burnt him.

 

According to KZN police spokesperson, Colonel Thembeka Mbele, it is alleged that on June 7 at 5.30pm, a 12-year-old boy put the sanitiser liquid into a bowl and lit it up with matches and it caused flames.

“The boy got burnt and was rushed to hospital for medical attention.”

 

Mbele said the boy died in hospital on Wednesday and a case was opened at Umbilo SAPS where the matter is still under investigation.

 

According to a message circulating on social media, the Grade 7 pupil was practising what he saw on a TikTok video.

Iol

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button